Before we begin, let us talk about how Mike (a fictional character) spends a typical morning. Mike begins his day by searching for breakfast recipes on Google Now (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Now). After a filling breakfast, Mike starts getting ready for work. He asks Siri (http://www.apple.com/in/ios/siri/) to tell him the weather and traffic conditions for his drive to work. Finally, as Mike gets ready to leave the house, he asks Alexa (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Alexa) to dim the lights and thermostat. It is not even 10 a.m. yet, but Mike like many of us has already used three intelligent personal assistant applications using Natural Language Processing (NLP). We will unravel the mysteries of building intelligent personal assistants with a simple example to build such an assistant quite easily using NLP.
- Do you have an opinion on the responsible use of AI technologies?
- Do you want to win one of several $500 cash prizes?
- Do you want to talk one-on-one (via skype) to one of the following AI researchers:
- Murray Campbell (Senior Manager, IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center)
- Eric Horvitz (Managing Director, Microsoft Research)
- Peter Norvig (Director of Research, Google)
- Stuart Russell (Professor, University of California at Berkeley) or
- Michael Wooldridge (Head of the CS Department, University of Oxford)?